Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A little too much rain!





We were at a family reunion a couple weeks ago and came home to a flooded basement! We had a little under a foot of standing water in our basement. Needless to say, everything was ruined. There is a family room, two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and a food storage room down there. We couldn't believe it, it was quite shocking to see your house look like that. We were hit by some major monsoon storms that week, we flooded 3 times during that time. We have had to rip out all the carpet and dry wall up two feet, throw away a bunch of stuff and bleach everything so we don't grow mold. It's been fun:) And to top it all off, insurance wont pay for a thing! Gotta love it!

6 comments:

Tiff Hunt said...

I can't believe the rain!!! I am so sorry to see that. I love what you wrote about sariah. It made me feel so much better. I decided I am going to wait to take her off of the bottle. I can't take the screaming. So what if she is six and still likes the bottle!! HA HA!! You are the best!! Thanks

Nicole said...

Hey Annie, it's Nicole (Baca). How are you? WOW! I can't believe that rain! Sorry that you had to deal with the flooding. That's just awful! Well, I hope you don't mind that I was "spying" on you:). You have the funnest little family!

Julie said...

So, you didnt tell me you had a blog. I just figured you were just looking at peoples when you called me today! Why would you not mention that!!? Hehe.. well when I do get to adding links, I will be sure to add you to mine, but like I said, it seems like such a chore, and then if I add yours and not others, I feel like such a brat. So one day I will finish my links!

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Anonymous said...

Still can't believe it! So crazy,sorry you had to deal with that.

Keirsten said...

Oh my! That is some bad flooding! What a nightmare! Hope everything gets back to normal for you all soon.
I love your family picture in Hawaii. TOO FUN!!