Friday, July 4, 2008

Livin in the Country



Oh the joys of living in the country! James and Haylee like to swim in the irrigation ditch in the backyard. A couple days ago they were out there and Josh and I were in the house, well Haylee comes screaming into the house yelling "Snake, snake!" We go running out to see, you never know with her, she gets scared easily.....it could have been a stick :) She was right it was a snake! Our dog Molly was barking at it and James was poking at it with a stick. It was a huge blow snake. I think that was the third one we have found in a week that big. We are trying to teach Molly to find them. Yesterday I heard her barking out by the shed, so Sariah and I go see what she had found, I was expecting another snake. She had something cornered up behind a door laying on it's side. I called out to Josh to look behind it to see what it was, he pulled the door back and a big grey squirrel ran out right for Sariah and I! I spook easy so I screamed, Sariah was laughing at the whole scene. Molly was ecstatic that Josh freed her victim and took off chasing it! It was funny to see Sariah! She was telling everyone the whole day "Molly chasing a squirrel!"

3 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

That is just gross!! Snakes creep me out.

By the way~~ We have extra guinea pig food and all that stuff that goes on the bottom of the cage. If you want it let me know! Your sister is soooo kind! :)

Jaime said...

I seriously have the ebgb's now! I hate snakes. I'm so petrified of coming across one. Tell me you killed it. I know they do good, but tell me you killed it!

Anonymous said...

Ew Ew! I don't blame Haley for not wanting to swim in there for awhile! LOL*