Friday, May 16, 2008

He made me do it!





Poor James! Well I have to start from the beginning..............James likes his hair long. So our deal is that if he gets straight A's in school, he can have his hair any style he wants. Which was dumb on my part, cuz the kid is smart! Of course he gets it from his genius mother! So his hair has gotten pretty long and he did need a trim to keep it looking like a hair style not just overgrown hair. We tried to get it cut last weekend when we were in Mesa, but the stupid place had over an hour long wait!! Yeah right! So the last few days he has been asking me to trim it around his eyes and neck. I told him I didn't know how and we would just have to wait till we go to Wal-Mart to get it cut. Well Mr. Impatient didn't like that answer so he kept asking me to just do it. So I finally said I would, but I warned him that I didn't know how to do it to make it look good. He said he didn't care...just do it. So I did it, and I screwed it up so bad!! He looked like the nerdy kid from "Eight is Enough" from like 20 years ago! James said "MOM...I can't go to school like this" I tried to get an appointment somewhere here in town to fix it, but no luck. So I tried to "fix" it some more, only to make it worse! I told you, I don't know what I am doing! Then I remembered that Jana knows how to cut hair, so I called her and she was able to come over and save the day. She looked at the mess I had made out of his hair and said she would try to fix it and blend it in. Well I had hacked away to much in the wrong places so we ended up having to use the CLIPPERS! POOR JAMES! What a good sport he was though. I think he looks handsome, I told him that now all the girls will be able to see his "Dreamy eyes", that didn't go over well, he hates it when all the old ladies make a fuss over his eyes. Well thank you Jana for saving the day and letting James go to school with a little of his dignity still in tact. And I promise never to pick up a pair of scissors again! (the first picture is a few weeks ago, Haylee loves to do James' hair, it was cute so I thought I would through it in!)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'm gonna have to comment on the dreamy eyes at church tomorrow!