Friday, November 21, 2008

James

This has been a wild week! James has three wrestling matches in one week. First was Mogollon which was a great match! James got his first PIN!!! It was great, he really needed that, his last win was last year at the Cottonwood tournament, which was his only win. So it was so much fun to see him pin his guy, granted his opponent was probably a forth grader and he was really small, BUT he still won! And he got a bloody nose so that made it seem a lot cooler for James. Yesterday was crazy! We had a match in Blue Ridge. It was soooo not fair! My knowledge about wrestling is very limited and I think I knew more about it than the ref and the score and time keepers!! It was a joke! So we lost, we have been undefeated for years and we lost unfairly to Blue Ridge. James was matched up with a nice kid who was really good, he lost but again I think it was unfair, not just because I am his mom either!! His poor nose kept bleeding! The ref had to call the match three time for him to go clean up his nose and then lost his patience with it and just called the match over!!! OH I was NOT happy! The ref started to do another match, and James and the other kid wanted to finish. So when he was done I told him that these boys want to finish their match! He looks at me like 'woman go away' so he lines the boys up and lets them wrestle for maybe 5 seconds and calls the other boy the winner! I was so pissed! This wrestling brings something out in me!! But for some crazy reason I love it! So when all your boys are old enough for wrestling sign them up! It is so good for them. James is not the best athlete, but it doesn't matter, he is out there trying and the whole team is so good to each other, No one has ever made him feel bad for not winning, it is always praise, and I just want to hug every single one of those boys. Sorry I forgot my camera again, so I have no picture, I will take some tomorrow in Cottonwood.

2 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Ditto! That ref was TERRIBLE! I still can not believe it? I can understand a few bad calls, but DANG!! It was the worst I have ever seen. Those poor boys. Hopefully Cottonwod will be better.

Michelle said...

Your right wrestling is so awesome I never thought I would enjoy it until by boys started to wrestle and now I live for it each year. . Its the best sport, I just love watching it. . .Ya there are some dingy ref's out there. One that cost Tyler the White Mountain Championship . .I will never forget, I stil give him the look when I see him. . .