Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I am still here!

I have not been very good at blogging lately, it just seems like I have a few too many things on my plate that need my attention. But here I am, and I will do my best to catch up on a few things. Well I just looked out the window and noticed that it is SNOWING! ARRGGG! Will it ever stop?! I know I should not complain because this winter has not been very bad, but I am so sick of being cold and I am sick of jackets and gloves and hats all over the house! I want to plant my garden and have green grass and flowers. I want to wear my flip flops and enjoy a warm summer day. I want to take the kids to go get a snow cone and let them swim in the irrigation ditch. I don't want to look out my window and see a dark dreary snowy day. I WANT WARMTH!!! Okay I will shut up now, I feel a little better now that I released my anger with winter. But really, does it have to last so long?

February is the month of birthdays for my family. About every day is someones birthday, it is fun! Haylee turned 10 on the 10th! Double digits, I felt so grown up when I turned double digits. Haylee thinks she is too. And I had a birthday too, I turned 24 :0) Okay, not really. My sister and her family came up for my birthday and we had a great time. We left the kids and went to Molly Butler's for dinner and had a nice adult time, a good thing to do every now and again. It is always so fun to have family come and visit and I am always so sad when they have to leave. Of course I have no pictures of any of the events that have been going on lately, I have gotten so bad at not taking any pictures! Tomorrow Haylee is dancing at the boys basketball game, I will really try to remember to bring my camera! She has danced for a few games and not one picture do I have!! Not one picture of her b-day party, nor any with the cousins playing. And I have two camera's, so I have no excuse. I have been rambling on and on with nothing of use to say, so maybe I should stop! But to let you know we are still here and doing great! Our chickens are laying pretty good now if anyone wants some fresh eggs come and get some, $2 a dozen. Sariah loves the chickens, it is like an Easter egg hunt for her everyday!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Riley feels the same way about checking for eggs. It is a big deal everyday to count how many eggs we get.

Michelle Ashton said...

I feel the same way.. I want WARMTH! I have got spring fever something bad! I am ready to have a garden and dress with not so many layers. I am ready to camp and be home a little more. BUT I guess we DO need the moisture. (sigh)

Michelle Ashton said...

Oh and did you know that it's and AIA game tomorrow?... So that's 5 BUCKS a head to get in!

Nicole said...

I think you got your warm weather:) It seems nice up there! I'm enjoying the warmth down here:)