Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Anderson Farm
















Things has been fun here lately. It seems like life is all around us right now. I love it that spring is here, well the calendar says so but some days it doesn't feel like it. Our trees are blooming and are covered with bees gathering pollen, the bushes are getting leaves on them, some of the elm trees are getting green. I LOVE it! We planted some onions outside and have a ton of things growing in little pots all over inside the house. Our chickens are doing great, we love getting fresh eggs everyday (12 to 14 everyday), so if you are ever in the neighborhood, stop by and get some eggs, the kids sell them for $2 a dozen. I have a poor little hen that has fertility issues, she lays a HUGE egg every few days and it has two yolks. It is really weird, but I feel for her, that is like giving birth to a 15 pound baby a couple times a week! Poor girl. Josh brought home some baby geese, yes I said GEESE, from the feed store. What will we do with geese you ask?? I don't know. But they are cute! Josh is a sucker!

4 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

So cute! Brycie was telling me about the geese.

Thanks for letting her come back over to watch the movie. :)

Jaime said...

We still have never got one of Fertile Myrtle's eggs. lol That is a HUGE egg, poor mama!

Kristen said...

What can't you do, Annie? Make me feel better about myself, please. I want to come over sometime and see the farm you've got going? What are all the seedlings?

Honey Girl said...

Sounds like Anderson Farms is thriving. I love the picture of the rooster.