Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Catchin' up

Our men cookin breakfast


James' big catch!
I think Haylee's looks bigger! She wouldn't touch it so she put the stick in it to hold it up.
All ready to go for a ride!!



I guess I better post something, since it has been awhile! It has been busy busy around here! But mostly fun stuff. Well school started, as you well know, and I lost my camera so I have no first day of school pictures! I hate it when I loose my camera! The kids got good teachers this year, again, we have been lucking out. James is in 6th grade, it doesn't seem possible that he is that old....does that make me old? Naaahhhh. Haylee is in the 4th grade, and is really feeling like she is something because she goes to the middle school now. She was quite concerned with her school clothes this year, she "couldn't look like a dork at the middle school"! I am sad that the summer time is coming to an end and Fall is on it's way. I LOVE summer here. And I HATE winter! It is so cold and ugly. I will just savor the last days of summer. We have been canning lately, a bunch of zucchini relish, 6 batches! So if any of you want some, I have plenty so come get a jar! I have 16 tomato plants in the garden and they are all getting ripe so I will be canning those soon, yummy! I would take a picture of the stuff I have been canning, but the camera is dead. I did find it but the battery is dead and I can't find the stupid charger! We went to Lake Powell last weekend with the Lee family and had a blast!!! We were there four days and loved every minute of it. The weather was absolutely perfect. We had our boat, John Lee brought his and then we rented two jet skiis. So much fun! I have always been a bit afraid of the jet skiis, I know I am a wimp! Josh talked me into going on a ride, and I loved it! I even drove it for a bit and it was so much fun! So sorry, I have no pictures of the lake either. I was so mad about the camera, we almost went to Wal Mart to get a new one. So now this week is the fair, I love the fair! Or I should say I love FUNNEL CAKE at the fair!!! It is my weakness! Why do I have to love food so much? James is doing another fund raiser for his Scout Jamboree he is going on so we are busy with that. So if you go to the fair this weekend, stop by and buy a BBQ sandwich from the scouts in the big building and help send these boys to the Jamboree! Well I have kinda caught you all up on what is going on here at the Anderson household! I will post some pictures of one of our camping trips of the summer, this is the one that we went with the Ashtons and Josh's cousins.

1 comment:

Michelle Ashton said...

Sounds like fun at the Lake. Wish we could;ve come along, but you know Quinn won't let the kids miss school BEFORE the 100th day!! Wouldn't want the school to loose money. :) Plus Mimi is going for that free bike again!!