Monday, September 22, 2008

Peaches, peaches everywhere!!


The whole gang helping out!

Such a big helper!















Seriously..........how beautiful is that??!!

Just a little bit of peaches :)










My friend Mendie was putting in an order for fruit from Utah, so I told her I wanted to order two boxes of peaches and one box of apples. Josh and I got to talking and thought that we should get one more box of peaches so I told mendie and she changed the order. Well the fruit came in when I was gone so Josh went to go pick it up and he remembered that we wanted another box, so he told Mendie that I wanted one more box! So he came home with 4 boxes of peaches and one apple!!! Holy cow it was a lot of fruit!!! So we got busy making jam and half peaches and applesauce and apple butter! My sister and family came up for the weekend to help me with all the canning and we had so much fun. It was a lot of work but we got a lot of jam! I have never in my entire life seen such perfect fruit, every single one of them were perfect and so tasty. Last month I was busy canning zucchini relish trying to get rid of all the zucchini, next is more tomatoes!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks pretty!! Yummy yummy!! :)

Michelle Ashton said...

Looks Yummy!!

Kristen said...

Wow--I'm impressed. My dad was in Utah and I had him bring me home a box, so I told Mendee not to order me any. When he got home, the boxes were so small--I could have eaten an entire box myself, so I didn't get to can much. I was wishing I would have ordered some from Mendee. And you are right about it being the most gorgeous fruit ever. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

JC and Jen Young said...

That looks so yummy I love peaches as for the canning...that is a different story, I stink at that kinda stuff.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you in blog! check it out and do it :)

(Bloomfield Family) said...

wow look at you filling up your pantry! It looks awesome and inspiring. It all about getting prepared, way to go! Now you've done it all pretty much, chicken, beef, beans, salsa, relish, peaches, jam, etc. I'll be calling you next time I have questions!

Tiff Hunt said...

That looks awesome!! I am learning how to can and I am so excited!! I just did pears yesterday!! I want your recipe for apple butter and zucchini relish too! If you don't mind. Email me. huntfamily03@gmail.com.