Sunday, September 14, 2008

The fair!


Oh how I love the County Fair! I have always loved going, ever since I was a kid. The animals, art displays, cooking, sewing, school displays, and lets not forget the most important........the FOOD! Oh my HECK, I love funnel cake way too much! And the curly fries! What more can I say. I have to starve myself for the next week and work off all the calories I consumed during the fair but it was worth it! James was doing another fund raiser for the Jamboree scouts, they were selling BB-Q sandwiches and the moms were in charge of the hospitality room for all the fair workers. So I spent many an hour at the fair this year. I can not tell you the number of snow cones that I bought for Haylee and Sariah, it's probably in the 30's! We could keep the LaFevers in business ourselves. All in all it was a great fair, but I am glad it's over! I am TIRED! And best of all Haylee won some ribbons! She was so excited! Last year she got robbed, so she was not sure if she wanted to enter anything this year, but I talked her into it. She entered two drawings and some zucchini relish. She got a first place ribbon and a second place for the drawings. And she got a first place on her relish! I entered some relish too but got nothing and she got the first place, she thought that was great! I also got a third on my salsa. So she earned 9 bucks! Way to go Haylee!

4 comments:

JC and Jen Young said...

Good job Haylee on beating out your mom! I need to let Sadie enter some things next year.

Michelle Ashton said...

Ok Annie~ Seriously we need to do the Larry the Cable Guy Show like we talked about a while back. There is a show coming up in October. Like the 11th. I saw tickets for as low as about $45 on ticketmaster. And that was floor level. Let me know.

Michelle Ashton said...

That would be the ticket liquidator. not Tickemaster

Michelle Ashton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.